The top news, developments, and resources you need to know to run your business
- Branch Line for all of your holiday lunching needs!! Branch Line will be opening for Holiday Lunches December 14-17! They will have a lunch menu along with festive food and drink specials. Reservations are available online or via phone.
- Miss Maria’s School of Dance is hosting a Holiday Craft Fair this weekend! This Saturday, December 11, from 3 pm to 6 pm, the fair includes over 20 local vendors, all family members of dance students, or in some cases Maria’s students who are multi-talented (photographers, artists, knitters) and also some dance teachers who happen to have side craft businesses. It’s free for all vendors to participate in the event by donating one of their crafty items or services as a raffle item. Any money that Maria’s receives by selling raffles will be donated 100% to the Watertown Food Pantry. Read more!
- Rejoice — New Rep is planning to relaunch! From New Repertory Theatre’s website: As our first step to relaunch, we are in the process of engaging a small team of experienced, proven artistic professionals who will work as a collaborative team to turn the framework we have produced into a sustainable operation moving forward. We eagerly anticipate announcing that team in the new year. New Rep’s partnership with the Mosesian Center for the Arts in Watertown will continue once we relaunch. In addition, we are also exploring the possibility of staging productions in novel locations appropriate for specific artistic projects. Read more!
- Yum, Condesa photographed by the Globe. Great shots of family recipes and full article about Condesa Restaurante and Tequila Bar, family owned and operated Mexican spot at Arsenal Yards. Read the piece in the Globe.
- Mosesian Center for the Arts will host the Watertown Inauguration! The ceremony is free and open to the public and will begin at 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 3, 2022. Read the announcement!
- MBTA changing service to Watertown bus routes. FYI, the MBTA announced changes to services beginning on Dec. 19, 2021, including decreased frequency and schedule changes for some bus lines serving Watertown. See what it means for your business.
- Brookie’s Cookies for your fur baby! Spotted this great gift option for your four legged friends — get your order in now!
8. Arsenal Yards is welcoming five new life science companies! The nine-story life science building, 100 Forge, that is currently under construction, is now fully leased. Abata Therapeutics, which develops T cell treatments for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, will lease 23,000 square feet in the building. Remix Therapeutics, which works on molecule therapies for RNA processing, will take 43,000 square feet. Cancer treatment firm Curie Therapeutics has signed up for 39,000 square feet. Vigil Neuroscience works on treatments for neurodegenerative diseases and will lease just under 20,000 square feet. And Affini-T Therapeutics, which engineers T cell therapies for cancer patients, will take the top two floors, nearly 40,000 square feet. Read all about it in the Boston Globe and Watertown News.
- Red Lentil gets a second location! Congrats to the team for expanding to the southwest suburbs of Boston. According to Boston Restaurant Talk, Red Lentil is getting ready to open in Sharon. Read more!
- Joe’s Variety holiday catering, too! From bagel platters to deli platters, Joe’s got the options for your next shindig. Check out the menu.
11. In case you missed the Watertown Dam presentation from the Charles River Watershed Association, you can view it here.
One Giving Thing
It’s Kindness December!!!! Our friends at Life Science Cares created this helpful calendar to finish 2021 with a little kindness each & every day. Let’s carry it into 2022, why don’t we…? ❤